I decided to start what might seem like an obvious list of things to bring when travelling, that I nonetheless figured out the hard way. Feel free to comment, I’ll add it to the list.
- Do not bring two small containers of conditioner, shampoo is necessary.
- Take that old beat up pair of headphones and stick them in the bottom of your bag. You will need them when you forget your decent ones and you’re on a flight surrounded by a group travelling halfway across the world who thinks it’s necessary to talk the whole three hours of the flight minus the ten minutes before landing when most of them fell asleep.
- Air horn to set off once ChatterBoxPackOfTravellers falls asleep.
- Comfortable clothes to travel in. Thought about it, and had the clothes, next time I’m changing into sweats.
- Smaller device to watch movies on than my 17in laptop that I couldn’t open all the way.
- USB charger to plug my dying phone into said humongous laptop.
- Sharp pointy things for my elbows to move the butts of the people who leaned against my chair waiting to get to the restroom.
- Upgrades to move from the 2nd to last row before the bathroom because I have so little status with United Air.
- Extra pair of reading glasses to try to do crossword puzzle on my dying phone. One of the butt leaners stepped on my glasses the .0000001 seconds after it fell from my pocket because I leaned forward away from the stinky breath of the traveller behind me trying to talk to my neighbor.
Yeah, it was all kinds of fun 🙂