I think that we all have a responsibility to share what we’ve learned with others, if only to save people some headache or time spent having to deal with stuff that we can see now and show people how to avoid. I’m a big proponent of learning through making mistakes and being challenged, but I think there are nuggets of wisdom that can be shared.
So, that being said, the questions:
- What was the deciding factor that made you become a developer/dba?
- Is there one thing that you would have people avoid or do differently from how you did it.
- How did you decide to concentrate in the space you now occupy?
- What advice would you give to someone who is trying to transition from an IT background into the data field?
- What advice would you give to someone who is trying to transition from an NON-IT background into the data field?
- What gets you up in the morning?
- Baseball, or football?